National Pathology Group of South Africa
This group is the official representative for pathology for the South African Medical Association.
The objectives of the group are to:
- Promote the practice and professional interests of both clinical and anatomical pathology.
- Promote the use of pathology as a diagnostic tool to both the medical profession and the lay public.
- Establish professional relationships amongst pathologists and with medical aid schemes, public and private institutions, government authorities, the life insurance industry and university medical schools.
- Promote the establishment and maintenance of acceptable standards in respect of pathology education and practice in South Africa.
- Assist in the promotion of good health practices within the population.
Membership is open to all registered pathologists who are members of the South African Medical Association.
Virtually all pathologists in private practice are members of the NPG.
If you are a pathologist but you are not a member of the NPG and would like to join up, click here